One Pastor Resigns From Trump’s Advisory Board, The Rest Back Trump!
Donald Trump set up many advisory boards when he became President. Some are filled with business leaders. Some with entertainers. And some, with pastors and spiritual leaders.According to Politico, the Evangelical Advisory Board was comprised of
Donald Trump set up many advisory boards when he became President.
Some are filled with business leaders. Some with entertainers. And some, with pastors and spiritual leaders.
According to Politico, the Evangelical Advisory Board was comprised of the following individuals:
The full list of board members, as shared by the campaign:
· Michele Bachmann – Former Congresswoman
· A.R. Bernard – Senior Pastor and CEO, Christian Cultural Center
· Mark Burns – Pastor, Harvest Praise and Worship Center
· Tim Clinton – President, American Association of Christian Counselors
· Kenneth and Gloria Copeland – Founders, Kenneth Copeland Ministries
· James Dobson – Author, Psychologist and Host, My Family Talk
· Jerry Falwell, Jr. – President, Liberty University
· Ronnie Floyd – Senior Pastor, Cross Church
· Jentezen Franklin – Senior Pastor, Free Chapel
· Jack Graham – Senior Pastor, Prestonwood Baptist Church
· Harry Jackson – Senior Pastor, Hope Christian Church
· Robert Jeffress – Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Dallas
· David Jeremiah – Senior Pastor, Shadow Mountain Community Church
· Richard Land – President, Southern Evangelical Seminary
· James MacDonald – Founder and Senior Pastor, Harvest Bible Chapel
· Johnnie Moore – Author, President of The KAIROS Company
· Robert Morris – Senior Pastor, Gateway Church
· Tom Mullins – Senior Pastor, Christ Fellowship
· Ralph Reed – Founder,Faith and Freedom Coalition
· James Robison – Founder, Life OUTREACH International
· Tony Suarez – Executive VicePresident, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
· Jay Strack – President, Student Leadership University
· Paula White – Senior Pastor, New Destiny Christian Center
· Tom Winters – Attorney, Winters and King, Inc.
· Sealy Yates – Attorney, Yates and Yates
And now we have the first cowardly defector, A. R. Bernard:
My statement regarding my resignation from the President's Evangelical Advisory Board. pic.twitter.com/Ocae6SQxjZ
— A. R. Bernard (@ARBernard) August 18, 2017
Pastor becomes first to resign from President Trump's evangelical advisory board: "There was a line for me" https://t.co/wOUSt7tl1z
— CNN Tonight (@CNNTonight) August 19, 2017
“When he vacillated over the last week, especially over Charlottesville, I had come to the point where I had to make a decision to more than just step away,” Bernard told CNN’s Don Lemon on “CNN Tonight.”
“When you vacillate like that, it means that there’s not a set of core values that you have determined to guide your thinking, your decision-making. Instead, it demonstrates that you are being tossed between opinions of those around you. And I’ve got a problem with that kind of lack of leadership.”
Lemon cited critics questioning why the Brooklyn pastor did not abandon the President after the revelation of the 2005 “Access Hollywood” tape that exposed Trump’s lewd conversation about women.
“I accepted the fact that, you know, the American public by their vote spoke and put a particular individual in office with all of the flaws, with all of the character issues,” Bernard said. “I was not there to judge that. I was there to see if there was an opportunity to effect change.”
On Trump blaming violence in Charlottesville on both sides of the conflict — equating the white supremacists on one side with the “alt-left” on the other side, Bernard said he does not expect much from the President, but calls on his fellow religious leaders to speak out.
“I would love to see more of the evangelical leaders who are on the board make strong statements in reaction to it, and that doesn’t mean they have to abandon him.” Bernard added, “But they should come out and say something of substance.”
The rest of the board is standing with President Trump, including most notably Dr. Robert Jeffress and Jerry Falwell Jr:
Honored to serve @POTUS on his Faith Initiative Council. He has done more in 6 mo. to protect religious liberty than any pres. in history.
— Dr. Robert Jeffress (@robertjeffress) August 19, 2017
— Jerry Falwell (@JerryFalwellJr) August 16, 2017
What do you think?
Do you support Trump or do you side with Bernard?
Not to us, O Lord, not to us,
But to Your name be the glory
Because of Your love and your faithfulness!