Must See For All Parents, What Your Kids Texts Mean
We all know that language evolves with each generation. Right on man, far out dude! Radical! 10-4! You get the idea. But a dangerous new trend is evolving with high schoolers, junior highers and even elementary school
We all know that language evolves with each generation.
Right on man, far out dude! Radical! 10-4! You get the idea.
But a dangerous new trend is evolving with high schoolers, junior highers and even elementary school kids. A whole new subset of language, short abbreviations and emoji icons that have their own secret meanings among our youth.
If I said to you “smh that thot is lit af” did you know that’s a whole sentence that would definitely mean something to your kids? Can you decipher any part of it?
Or what about if I sent you a peach icon? Did you know that means something very specific?
The Bible is very clear that parenting our children is a big and important responsibility. Proverbs 22:6:
Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it.
To help give you a jump start in today’s world, our friends over at Bark.us have put together a handy cheat sheet for parents. This will help you decode what your kids may be saying by text message or online.
And if this is helpful to you, please SHARE SHARE SHARE to help out someone else!
Take a look:
Crazy right? And here you thought that meant someone was sweating or crying!
Here’s an even longer list from Bark.us:
Text Speak Decoded
- 1174 – Meet At A Party Spot
- 420 – Marijuana Reference
- 53X – Code For Sex
- 8 – Code For Oral Sex
- 99 – Parents Are Gone
- 9 & CD9 – “Code 9”, Parents Are Around
- AF – As F**K
- ASL – Age/Sex/Location
- Basic – Someone who is viewed as boring or a conforming person
- Bih – Bitch
- CYA – Cover Your Ass or See Ya
- CU46 – See You For Sex
- Dabbing – Refers to concentrated doses of cannabis; also a dance craze
- GTG – Got To Go
- GNOC – Get Naked On Cam
- ILY – I Love You
- IRL – In Real Life
- ISO – In Search Of
- IWSN – I Want Sex Now
- FBOI – F**K Boy; A Guy Just Looking For Sex
- FINSTA – Fake Instagram Account
- FWB – Friends With Benefits
- J/K – Just Kidding
- Juul – Type of e-cigarette that is small and discreet, ‘pods’ are used for smoking
- KMN – Kill Me Now
- KMS – Kill Myself
- KYS – Kill Yourself
- LH6 – Let’s Have Sex
- Lit/Turnt/Turnt Up – Something that’s active or popular, can also refer to being stoned or drunk
- LMAO – Laughing My Ass Off
- LOL – Laughing Out Loud
- MPFB – My Personal F**K Buddy
- Netflix and Chill – Getting together and hooking up
- NP – No Problem
- NIFOC – Nude In Front Of Computer
- OMFG – Oh My F**king God
- PAL – Parents Are Listening
- ROTFLMAO – Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off
- UH – Are You Horny?
- SH – Sh** Happens
- SMDH – Shake My Damn Head
- SMH – “Shaking my head,” meaning “I don’t believe it” or “that’s so dumb”
- Snatched – On point, very good, or well styled
- STFU – Short for “Shut the f**k up,” can be used as an expression of disbelief or to cyberbully
- TDTM – Talk Dirty To Me
- TF – The F**k
- Thot – Stands for “that hoe over there” and is often used instead of “slut”
- TWD – Texting While Driving
- WTF – What The F**K?
- WTTP- Want to Trade Pics?
- WUF – Where You From?
- WYD – What You Doing?
Emoji Icons Decoded
- – This emoji is used to mean pride or general acceptance of an idea
- – The eggplant emoji is used to refer to the penis
- – Another emoji used in sexting is the peach emoji, referencing the butt
- – The “sweat” emoji is mostly used to mean “ejaculate,” often used in conjunction with the tongue emoji